Saturday, November 6, 2010

Thanks To Those Who Helped Me Celebrate My Birthday With a Gift to the Southern Regional Council


The Southern Regional Council’s recent work has followed a progressive path that was charted long ago by leading Southern progressives, including my grandfather Charles S. Johnson. I am honored to be among those continuing along that path in a new century.

That's why I celebrated my birthday with a gift in support of the Council's work. I'm grateful to those who joined me in this effort including:

  • Friends who contributed by check, including Julianne Malveaux, Katherine Bowman, Rosamond Johnson and Glenn Washington.
  • Friends who contributed through Causes on Facebook, including Muriel Mitchell Lawrence, Thomas Cox, Tom Willingham, Cory Buckner, Bernadine Layne, Pamela Harris, Martha Rachel Grogan and Brian Poe. For more on these contributors, click here.
  • Friends who made pledges, including Belinda Stinson-Head.

The support of these friends enabled to us exceed our goal of $1,000 from this campaign. It's not too late for you to join this effort by clicking here.


Charles S. Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment